Monday, January 26, 2009

Know Your Audience

I went to see Revolutionary Road with a good friend this weekend. I highly recommend it to anyone in the mood for a tragic but beautiful story of feeling trapped in your own life.

However, I would not recommend watching it with the audience I watched it with. It was in Salt Lake City so I figured the audience would be appreciative but I was in for an unfortunate surprise. The movie was far from funny, but the audience seemed to explode in laughter about every 25 minutes. At really inappropriate times! Finally, Josh turned to me and mouthed, "Is this a funny movie?". I responded with "Not at all!" We were shocked.

We enjoyed it despite our surroundings, which must mean it was a stand-up film. Our favorite part is when Leonardo DiCaprio's character yells, "FUCK YOU!" and throws a chair at Kate Winslet.

Hilarious.

1 comment:

LJ said...

My friends Haley and Bryce and I had a similar experience watching Stranger than Fiction in the dollar theatre in Provo. They were laughing as Dustin Hoffman's telling Will Ferrell he has to die and he's crying like a little girl. And everyone's busting up. What the poop?!