Monday, March 30, 2009

Why Diane should attend therapy, Reason 2:

Job satisfaction

I love my job. I hate my job. I love working with teenagers. I want to strangle every teenager I see, whether or not he is my student. Does everyone go through bipolarity in his job? I have no idea, come Monday morning what type of week I am going to have. The slightest chaos or mutiny (can you have slight mutiny?) used to send me into a spiral of self-doubt.

Am I a good teacher? Am I a good person?


Some days I am waiting eagerly for the final bell to ring, only to lock my door and scream into my jacket; then others I have a huge smile on my face, signifying that I just had real influence on my students. My job is a roller-coaster. Only until recently did I realize that Diane as a teacher and Diane as an individual were (and have to be) different. Or I will go insane.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I teach sixth grade and definitely feel the bipolarity. It can be exhausting!

Marla said...

I know a very good psychologist if you want to see one! LOL...and I know several in our building...by the way, I might be leaving good ole' LPHS. I'll have to tell you about it.