Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm a creator!

I was thinking about it today and came to the conclusion that I love creating things. Don't believe me?

1. I went to Venice Beach and made a sand pig and turtle
2. I have recently really gotten into making crafts, mostly abstract, modern, decorative stuff.
3. I have written about 60 pages of a book I am working on. Whenever I start writing, my fingers don't want to stop.
4. I sat at a piano tonight and created a song I am really proud of. I wrote it down and recorded it on my phone, too.
5. I love writing poetry.
6. I took a large shelving unit out of the trash, washed and spraypainted it.
I really like to see my creations once I'm done with them. I find myself taking pictures of light fixtures and pieces of art, thinking I could make that! My roommate has come home to find me surrounded in newspaper and paint. All I can say to her is "You'll understand when you see the finished product".
Have any of you caught the "creative bug"?

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

cannot believe I did not leave a comment here. Love this report of your creativity! I hope your summer is feeling suffused with this creative spirit--it is utterly renewing.

You are awesome!