Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My brain is on fire.
Thoughts scald me like liquid stars
And ask me to soar with them.
But my heavy skin chortles and reclines,
Refusing the celestial invitation.

So for now, I sit
In a galaxy of homebound ideas.
My binding words wrapped around me.
Concepts haunting my every move:
Things I should do, start, cry.

I go to the kitchen to invent dinner.
"One small step for man," I mutter.
I become my universe that feels and knows.
Finite, obsolete, dull.
As dark as the sea of space.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The white type looks nice on the blog, but it makes the poems invisible if you use an RSS feed. So you know.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

I really like your creativity in this poetic piece. The metaphor and analogy is very cleverly expressed. The theme was well delivered, and was centred around your being. It flowed really well, and drew I on occassion into the text. Well done.

I'll come back and read some more of your pieces.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.